Installing SimpleSafe is straightforward, you'll just need a basic understanding of how to create a database and upload files to your webserver. We highly recommend utilising a HTTPS connection and keeping regular database backups to make sure your data is kept safe and secure.
Get started with SimpleSafe:
- Download and unzip the SimpleSafe application from your user account
- Create a database for SimpleSafe on your web server, as well as a MySQL user who has all privileges
- If you haven't already, set up the URL and directory where you intend to access SimpleSafe (e.g. http://simplesafe.localhost/, http://yourwebsite.com/simplesafe/ or http://simplesafe.yourwebsite.com)
- Upload the SimpleSafe files into the appropriate directory where you'll access the application
- Run the SimpleSafe installer by visiting the URL you specified in step 3 in your web browser (you'll need access to an internet connection to validate your license key)
- The installer will take you through license validation, database connection and user setup
- Once the installer is complete, SimpleSafe should be installed and ready to go.